Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vienna

Arriving from Prague in the afternoon, I was only going to spend a night wandering around Vienna, then move on to Salzburg the next day. That didn't happen. Walking around Vienna at night is remarkable. The lit up buildings really do look some sort of majestic. Half the buildings in the city center were left in shadows, only adding an even more ominous feel to the old city. I really didn't do much in the few days I was there besides walk around and gawk at the buildings. I strolled lazily through a spacious park outside of the city one afternoon, which is always a good way to spend an afternoon while traveling.

And now I am in Switzerland, passing through Interlaken tonight and down to Lugano tomorrow to volunteer at a dog hotel for the upcoming week. Not too sure what to expect except plenty of canine company!

No comments: